Monday, June 3, 2013

Going Digital!

I have had a hard time lately finding the time and the space to scrap traditionally. I have been toying with the idea of digi scrapping. I know there is nothing like good ole paper and glue, but I needed a creative outlet that is quick and mess free. I have found that that with digital scrapbooking. I will never give up paper scrapping, but I think I am going to save that for mini albums and special projects and scrap my layouts digitally. I really never liked the look of digi, I always said it was too flat. But, I guess the saying beggars can't be choosers really applies in this situation. With the lack of a scrap space, I found it hard to find enough time to complete a page in one sitting. Certainly don't want to be taking up space at the dining room table for days on end. I really missed being creative regularly and found that digi scrapping is the best option for me. What I really want to accomplish is to be able to make pages that can easily translate into paper. I want my style to stay my style. What I really LOVE about digi scrapping is adding all the different layers and textures I can create. I love a layered layout, but found it difficult and quite expensive to do in paper. Now I can layer to my hearts desire! So without further adieu, my fist digi page...

I used this template by Cindy Schneider  to get my mojo started:

Then I completed this page, using Digital supplies from NoReimerReason and Julie Billingsley. My family and I went to Disney World in January, so I am working on that album at the moment.
I can't wait to see what all digital scrapbooking has in store for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment